Tuesday 8 October 2024

A decade on . . .

I started this blog a decade ago. Little Red Riding Hood became my go to communication tool, a metaphor for life and all its injustices. Starting an MA, it was natural to dig my toes into the subject more and so the posts of the first year were academic and correctly referenced. As time has gone on I still find historic and contemporary renditions of the tale and share them here. 

My rage at life for now has gone beyond LRRH, and is almost untranslatable into imagery, but Little Red Riding Hood in all of her manifestations still appeals and I think I will always return to this tales sharp teeth.

For today, I am sharing a carousel book that has been waiting, a trio of gelli prints cut and folded, for months. I do not plan these complex books meticulously, I like to wander through the pages and let what ever happens happen. This time I have to admit to being reckless, as half way through I decided to change the order of the papers and slice and swap, messing up the accurate measurements for the folds, but I adapted and it works. 




No comments:

Post a Comment