Friday 13 February 2015

'My what a big heart you have . . .'


                                Fig 1: My what a big heart you have, Hazel Terry February 2015

All the better to love you with!
                                                      Fig 2 (above) the thought!

The top to toe illustration that I produced last week suddenly made me think of the queen of hearts in a pack of cards. This has evolved into this illustration called; 'My what a big heart you have  . . .'

                             Fig 3 (above) : Queen of Hearts Card  http://www.madore.org/~david/images/cards/english/queen-hearts.png

The graphics of these cards is strange, with their two headed characters, they are such instantly recognisable everyday visual symbols, that like the story of Little Red Riding Hood you can stretch and mutate but they remain recognisable.

References

Fig 1: My what a big heart you have, Hazel Terry February 2015
Fig 2: Sketch Hazel Terry
Fig 3: Queen of Hearts Card  http://www.madore.org/~david/images/cards/english/queen-hearts.png

No comments:

Post a Comment